Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

30/95
Home / 10 - Bell Farm History / 200 - The Bell Farm 1882-2005 /

1923 - Holden (Bell) Farmhouse - c1920

holden-bell-farm-1-c1920-connie-maccrimmon.jpg 1923 - Carriage and Cattle by Barn on the Holden Dairy FarmThumbnails1930s - Edwin and Marguerite Haid - Bell-Holden Farm neighbours1923 - Carriage and Cattle by Barn on the Holden Dairy FarmThumbnails1930s - Edwin and Marguerite Haid - Bell-Holden Farm neighbours1923 - Carriage and Cattle by Barn on the Holden Dairy FarmThumbnails1930s - Edwin and Marguerite Haid - Bell-Holden Farm neighbours1923 - Carriage and Cattle by Barn on the Holden Dairy FarmThumbnails1930s - Edwin and Marguerite Haid - Bell-Holden Farm neighbours

Photo donated by Connie (Bell) MacCrimmon - B.F. Holden bought the Bell Farmhouse and accompanying lands in 1917. This photo shows the Farmhouse in the 1920s, while occupied by the Holden family. The veranda has been reconstructed to wrap around both the south and east sides, and now includes a decorative railing and embellished front entry. A doorway has been cut through the central east window to provide access to a walkway at the second storey level. Also, the fieldstone walls have been covered with a layer of parging and scored to give the appearance of cut stone construction.

Photo Source: Connie MacCrimmon