Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

24/95
Home / 10 - Bell Farm History / 200 - The Bell Farm 1882-2005 /

1910s - Bell - Campkin Farmhouse SAB R B10,906

farmhouse-harry-campkin-residence-1903-1910-sab-r-b-10-906.jpg 1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm CottageThumbnails1910s - Bell Farm House - Campkin Farm Residence1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm CottageThumbnails1910s - Bell Farm House - Campkin Farm Residence1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm CottageThumbnails1910s - Bell Farm House - Campkin Farm Residence1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm CottageThumbnails1910s - Bell Farm House - Campkin Farm Residence

The Campkin family lived here from about 1903 until 1910. - The Campkin family lived in the old Bell Farmhouse from about 1903 until 1910. During that time they made a number of improvements to the property, including installation of electricity and hot water piping, as well as a telephone (apparently the telephone system installed by Major Bell in 1884 had long since been removed or ceased to operate).

SOURCES:
Photo: Sask Archives: R B 10,906

History of Indian Head & District, 1984,p. 310

Research by: Michelle Cabana, Saskatoon and Frank Korvemaker, Regina