Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

341/1279
Home /

2000s - Air Photo - Bell Farm - c.2005

air-photo-bell-farm-2017.jpg 2000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.Thumbnails2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-20062000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.Thumbnails2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-20062000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.Thumbnails2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-20062000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.Thumbnails2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-20062000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.Thumbnails2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-2006

People who lived and worked on the former Bell Farm lands after Major Bell left in 1896 were located within the yellow square. - The original Bell Farm was an area proposed to be 10 miles by 10 miles square, comprising 64,000 acres. The boundaries were as follows:
East - three miles east of Highway 56
South - three miles south of the Trans Canada Highway
West - seven miles west of Highway 56
North - seven miles north of the Trans Canada Highway

The Bell Farm was deliberately sited so that the main line of the Canadian Pacific Railway would run in and east-west direction close to the centre of the farm.

Likewise, Major Bell's farmhouse, and the Farm's headquarters, were located close to the centre of the farm.

Today, Highway 56 cuts through the centre of the original Bell Farm headquarters complex, approximately one and a half miles north of the Trans Canada junction. This is where the reconstructed Bell Barn is now located.

This album includes information on people who bought portions of the Bell Farm and created smaller family farms, closer to the quarter-section (160 acres) farms then being established throughout the West.