Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

5/6
Home / 50 - Lord Brassey Estates / 300 - St. John the Divine Anglican Church and Rectory /

05 - St John's Anglican Church, Indian Head - 1912

St John Church number 2 - 1912.JPG 04 - <b>St. John the Divine Anglican Church</b> - 1905 magazine coverThumbnails06 - St. John Anglican Church, Buxton Avenue - 201304 - <b>St. John the Divine Anglican Church</b> - 1905 magazine coverThumbnails06 - St. John Anglican Church, Buxton Avenue - 201304 - <b>St. John the Divine Anglican Church</b> - 1905 magazine coverThumbnails06 - St. John Anglican Church, Buxton Avenue - 201304 - <b>St. John the Divine Anglican Church</b> - 1905 magazine coverThumbnails06 - St. John Anglican Church, Buxton Avenue - 201304 - <b>St. John the Divine Anglican Church</b> - 1905 magazine coverThumbnails06 - St. John Anglican Church, Buxton Avenue - 2013

This church was erected in 1912 within the original townsite of Indian Head, and was intended to replace the more elaborately designed church situated south of the CPR tracks in the ill-fated townsite of "Brassey". Once this structure was completed, the earlier church was demolished.

ST. John's Church was initially known as Grisdale Hall.

SOURCES:

Indian Head history:, p. 112 and 113.

RESEARCH BY:

Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Saskatchewan