This church was erected in 1912 within the original townsite of Indian Head, and was intended to replace the more elaborately designed church situated south of the CPR tracks in the ill-fated townsite of "Brassey". Once this structure was completed, the earlier church was demolished.
ST. John's Church was initially known as Grisdale Hall.
Indian Head history:, p. 112 and 113.
Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Saskatchewan