Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

1/22
[ stop the slideshow ]

01 - St. John Anglican Church and Manse - 1896

St John Anglican Church and Manse - 1896 - T Powell book.jpg Thumbnails02 - <b>Bishops Court and Anglican Church</b> - colour postcardThumbnails02 - <b>Bishops Court and Anglican Church</b> - colour postcardThumbnails02 - <b>Bishops Court and Anglican Church</b> - colour postcardThumbnails02 - <b>Bishops Court and Anglican Church</b> - colour postcardThumbnails02 - <b>Bishops Court and Anglican Church</b> - colour postcard

General view of the Church and its adjacent two storey rectory. The home for the Anglican Bishop of Qu'Appelle, it was formally known as Bishop's Court.

Both buildings were designed by Winnipeg architect Walter Chesterton in 1895, and completed in 1895-96.


SOURCES:

Architect: http://www.dictionaryofarchitectsincanada.org/node/1615



RESEARCH BY:

Margaret Hryniuk, Regina, Saskatchewan; and Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Sask.