Welcome to the Bell Barn Photo Gallery

Main Site

23/95
Home / 10 - Bell Farm History / 200 - The Bell Farm 1882-2005 /

1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm Cottage

Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm Cottage, p. 1566 - Copy - Copy.JPG 1905 (?) - <b>Door Knobs - Lyons Design # 7 / 11</b>Thumbnails1910s - Bell - Campkin Farmhouse  SAB R B10,9061905 (?) - <b>Door Knobs - Lyons Design # 7 / 11</b>Thumbnails1910s - Bell - Campkin Farmhouse  SAB R B10,906

L-R: View of the new McDermid / McDermaid brick farmhouse (built c.1906); old Bell Farm Cottage # 4 (built 1882-83); two smaller buildings, including possibly the barn associated with the Cottage. The McDermid Farm buildings were located about one mile northeast of the main Bell Farmhouse.

Malcolm McDermid married Sarah Berge on Jan. 1, 1896 and moved into the Bell Farm Cottage. Later they bought Sec. 1, Twp. 19, Rge 13, w2m from Major Bell or from the Trustees who sold off the Bell Farm after Major Bell left in 1896.

The McDermids had five children: Hugh, George, Janet, Margaret and Donald.

SOURCES:

"Farmers Almanac", 2 Nov 1910, p. 1566 - https://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.8_06921_248/14?r=0&s=4

Indian Head history, p. 526-527

RESEARCH BY:

Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Sask.