Home / Recent photos 2
- 1910 - Cottage 4 - 1910 - Farmers Advocate - McDermid Farmhouse and Bell Farm Cottage
L-R: View of the new McDermid / McDermaid brick farmhouse (built c.1906); old Bell Farm Cottage # 4 (built 1882-83); two smaller buildings, including possibly the barn associated with the Cottage. The McDermid Farm buildings were located about one mile northeast of the main Bell Farmhouse. Malcolm McDermid married Sarah Berge on Jan. 1, 1896 and moved into the Bell Farm Cottage. Later they bought Sec. 1, Twp. 19, Rge 13, w2m from Major Bell or from the Trustees who sold off the Bell Farm after Major Bell left in 1896. The McDermids had five children: Hugh, George, Janet, Margaret and Donald.
"Farmers Almanac", 2 Nov 1910, p. 1566 - https://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.8_06921_248/14?r=0&s=4 Indian Head history, p. 526-527
Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Sask.
- 1910s - Bell Farm House - Campkin Farm Residence - Farmer's Advocate
View of the Bell Farmhouse (far left) and of the Bell Farm round barn (far right - hardly visible) during the years when the Campkin family owned the property.
"Farmers Advocate", 2 Jan, 1910, p. 1564 - https://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.8_06921_248/12?r=0&s=1
Michelle Cabana, Saskatoon, Sask.