- 1988 - Bell Barn facing west - 1988 - photo by Larry Easton
Bell Barn in 1988 (Source: Larry Easton)
- 1992 - Bell Barn facing NW - 9 Sept 1992 - CYR photo by Frank Korvemaker
9 September 1992 - View of the Bell Barn from the SE and of the new rail fence built by Dan Walker. (Source: Sask. CYR - Frank Korvemaker)
- 1992 - Bell Barn facing SW - 9 Sept 1992 - CYR photo by Frank Korvemaker
9 September 1992 - View of the Bell Barn from the NE and construction of an addition to the house at the left by Dan Walker. (Source; Sask. CYR - Frank Korvemaker)
- 1995 - Bell Barn - by Ian Kelln
- 1996 - Bell Round Barn
Photo by Larry Easton - # 96262
- 1998 - Bell Barn - N wall detail - 2 April 1998 - CYR photo by Frank Korvemaker
2 April 1998 - The NW corner of the Bell Barn has cracked and starts to fall outward. (Source: Sask. CYR - Frank Korvemaker)
- 1998 - Bell Barn - W wall detail - 2 April 1998 - CYR photo by Frank Korvemaker
2 April 1998 - The western segment of the Bell Barn starts to disintegrate. (Source: Sask. CYR - Frank Korvemaker)
- 1998 - Bell Barn facing NW - 2 April 1998 - CYR photo by Frank Korvemaker
2 April 1998 - View of the south entrance to the Bell Barn, from the SE. (Source: Sask. CYR - Frank Korvemaker)
- 2 - James A.M. Aikins - Lord Brassey 's Winnipeg based lawyer
James Albert Manning Aikins (1851-1929) was a Winnipeg-based lawyer who represented Lord Brassey during negotiations to buy Bell Farm lands in the late 1880s and early 1890s. He was a fairly regular visitor to the Indian Head-Qu'Appelle area, either on business or for pleasure, joining in various duck hunting expeditions in the Qu'Appelle Valley. James Aikins was prominently featured in the "Winnipeg Tribune" obituary notice for Katherine Bell on Oct. 16, 1895 when the special CPR train carrying her remains and Major Bell arrived in Winnipeg en route to Brockville, Ontario.
Memorable Manitobans: http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/people/aikins_jam.shtml "Winnipeg Tribune": 16 Oct., 1895 - Remains of Mrs. Bell.
Michelle Cabana, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; and Frank Korvemaker, Regina, Sask.
- 2000s - Air Photo - Bell Barn before dismantling - Dan Walker acreage - ca. 2005.
The Round Stone Barn and attached wooden horse barn (upper right corner within the shelterbelt of trees) before the Bell Barn Project was initiated.
- 2000s - Air Photo - Bell Farm - c.2005
People who lived and worked on the former Bell Farm lands after Major Bell left in 1896 were located within the yellow square. - The original Bell Farm was an area proposed to be 10 miles by 10 miles square, comprising 64,000 acres. The boundaries were as follows: East - three miles east of Highway 56 South - three miles south of the Trans Canada Highway West - seven miles west of Highway 56 North - seven miles north of the Trans Canada Highway The Bell Farm was deliberately sited so that the main line of the Canadian Pacific Railway would run in and east-west direction close to the centre of the farm. Likewise, Major Bell's farmhouse, and the Farm's headquarters, were located close to the centre of the farm. Today, Highway 56 cuts through the centre of the original Bell Farm headquarters complex, approximately one and a half miles north of the Trans Canada junction. This is where the reconstructed Bell Barn is now located. This album includes information on people who bought portions of the Bell Farm and created smaller family farms, closer to the quarter-section (160 acres) farms then being established throughout the West.
- 2006 - 10Indian-Head-Bell-Barn.de-CRW-1176-JFR-June-2006
- 2006 - 17Indian Head Bell Farm CRW 2689 JFR June 2006
- 2006 - 18Indian Head Bell Farm CRW 2688 JFR June 2006
North view of the Bell Barn and its adjacent smaller wooden barn in 2006.
- 2006 - Cottage 9 - 26 Sept. 2006
Phto by Frank Korvemaker - This cottage has stucco applied to the exterior. That application was likely done in 1934 by B.F. Holden, as his name and date are inscribed on the exterior.