Grade 1 Resources
- Plants & Teaching Resources — Free downloadable themed resources:- vocabulary flash cards, life cycle of plants posters, photographs, colouring sheets, activity ideas and much more.
- Jack and the Beanstalk — Supporting resources for Jack and the Beanstalk:- visual aids for retelling the story, sequencing story pictures and prompts, alliteration speech bubble activity sheets and much more.
- Jack and the Beanstalk Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Coloring Pages for Preschool — BBC online animated retelling of the fairytale plus other relevant links to support science – How (seeds) plants grow, literacy, and art and crafts.
- Plants - EnchantedLearning.com — A wide range of seed, plant and flower themed printable books, activity ideas, quizzes and colouring sheets.
- Flowers at EnchantedLearning.com — Art and crafts ideas for flowers, activity sheets and also a sheet of the names of flowers in French.
- BBC - Schools Science Clips - Ages 5-6 — Interactive quiz to support learning about the needs of plants and how they grow. Also other science related topics quizzes and activities. (Grade 1)
- BBC - Schools Science Clips - Ages 6-7 — Interactive quiz to support learning about plants and animals in our local environment. (Grade 2 but can be used for differentiation in Grade 1)
- Needs and characteristics of living things — Lesson plan: Needs and Characteristics of Living Things, plus supporting worksheet and video link. This lesson promotes recycling.